- Front yard residential established landscapes only.
- Property must be located within the geographic area of eligibility (See below).
- Entries must demonstrate, and will be judged upon:
- Attractive use of water-wise landscaping
- Water use efficiency
- Good maintenance practices
- The decisions of the judges are final. The judges reserve the right not to issue an award for any category that receives insufficient or unsuitable entries.
- Entry images will become the property of the sponsoring water agencies and may be used for future marketing activities and collateral.
- Winning entry participants agree that their landscape may be featured in a landscape contest winner tour.
- Winning entry participants agree that they will be expected to post a provided sign in their yard indicating they are a contest award winner.
- Water agency employees and sponsors within the contest boundaries, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- By submitting the ENTRY FORM (Not available until the next contest in 2018), you agree to all rules and Winner Assignment and Release of the landscape contest.
- PHOTO SUBMISSION: In addition to submitting the ENTRY FORM, three photos of the contest entry landscape must be emailed to Pam Pavela. To prevent spam, Pam's email address will appear once you submit your ENTRY FORM. One of the three photos must be taken from the street so that the entire landscape is visible. Maximum size limit per email is 10 MB. Higher resolution photos are preferred. When emailing the photos, enter "Landscape Contest Entry Photos" in the subject line.
Entries photos will be judged during the month of June 2016 from entries submitted any time during between April 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016. All entries will be notified of the winners by the end of June. The judging panel will consist of sponsors and landscape architects.
Three regional awards and up to one sponsor award per sponsoring water agency will be awarded.
- $1,000 Regional 1st place
- $800 Regional 2nd place
- $600 Regional 3rd place
- $500 Sponsoring water agency awards
Geographic area of eligibility
Entries will only be accepted from the following water agency areas. In other words, if you pay your water bill to one of the following agencies, you are eligible to enter the contest.
- Box Springs Mutual Water District
- Chino, City of
- Chino Hills, City of
- Colton, City of
- Corona, City of
- Cucamonga Valley Water District
- Eagle Valley Water District
- East Valley Water District
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District
- Fontana Water Company
- Fontana, City of
- Hemet, City of
- Home Gardens County Water District
- Jurupa Community Services District
- Lake Hemet Municipal Water District
- Loma Linda, City of
- Marygold Mutual Water Company
- Meeks & Daley Water company
- Montclair, City of
- Monte Vista Water District
- Muscoy Mutual Water Company
- Norco, City of
- Nuevo Water Company
- Ontario, City of
- Perris, City of
- Rancho California Water District
- Redlands, City of
- Rialto, City of
- Riverside Public Utilties
- Riverside-Highland Water District
- Rubidoux community Services District
- San Antonio Water Company
- San Bernardino Municipal Water Department
- San Jacinto, City of
- Temescal Valley Water District
- Terrace Water Company
- Upland, City of
- West Valley Municipal Water District
- Western Heights Water Company
- Western Municipal Water District
- Yucaipa Valley Water District
ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIES
April 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016
The contest is now closed.
The next contest is tentatively set for April 1, 2018.
Winning landscapes can be viewed on the 2016 Winners page.