- Front yard residential established landscapes only.
- Property must be located within the geographic area of eligibility (See below).
- Entries are judged from your photo submissions. (See below for instructions.)
- Entries must demonstrate, and will be judged upon:
- Attractive use of water-wise landscaping
- Water use efficiency
- Good maintenance practices
- The decisions of the judges are final. The judges reserve the right not to issue an award for any category that receives insufficient or unsuitable entries.
- Entry images will become the property of the sponsoring water agencies and may be used for future marketing activities and collateral both locally and regionally.
- Winning entry participants agree that their landscape may be featured in a landscape contest winner tour.
- Winning entry participants agree that they will be expected to post a provided sign in their yard indicating they are a contest award winner.
- Winning entry participants agree that any award $600 and over is subject to income tax. A Form 1099 will be issued for such award and reported to the IRS.
- Water agency employees and sponsors within the contest boundaries, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- By submitting the ENTRY FORM, you agree to all rules and Winner Assignment and Release of the landscape contest.
Please submit three photos of your front yard landscape to: email@example.com. One of the three photos must be taken from the street so that the entire landscape is visible.
Be sure your name is in the email so we can match the photos to the correct entry form.
Maximum size limit per email is 25 MB. You may email one photo per email, if necessary. Higher resolution photos are preferred.
When emailing the photos, enter "Landscape Contest Entry Photos" in the subject line.
Entries photos will be judged during the month of June 2018 from entries submitted any time during between April 1, 2018 through May 31, 2018. All entrants will be notified of the winners by the end of June. The judging panel will consist of sponsors and landscape architects.
A minimum of four awards will be given; more depending upon the quality of entries.
- $1,000 1st place
- $800 2nd place
- $600 3rd place
- $500 Honorable Mention award(s)
Geographic area of eligibility
Entries will only be accepted from the following water agency areas. In other words, if you pay your water bill to one of the following agencies, you are eligible to enter the contest.
- Box Springs Mutual Water District
- Chino, City of
- Chino Hills, City of
- Colton, City of
- Corona, City of
- Cucamonga Valley Water District
- Eagle Valley Water District
- East Valley Water District
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District
- Fontana Water Company
- Fontana, City of
- Hemet, City of
- Home Gardens County Water District
- Jurupa Community Services District
- Lake Hemet Municipal Water District
- Loma Linda, City of
- Marygold Mutual Water Company
- Meeks & Daley Water company
- Montclair, City of
- Monte Vista Water District
- Muscoy Mutual Water Company
- Norco, City of
- Nuevo Water Company
- Ontario, City of
- Perris, City of
- Rancho California Water District
- Redlands, City of
- Rialto, City of
- Riverside Public Utilties
- Riverside-Highland Water District
- Rubidoux Community Services District
- San Antonio Water Company
- San Bernardino Municipal Water Department
- San Jacinto, City of
- Temescal Valley Water District
- Terrace Water Company
- Upland, City of
- West Valley Municipal Water District
- Western Heights Water Company
- Western Municipal Water District
- Yucaipa Valley Water District
ACCEPTANCE OF ENTRIEs
The next contest is tentatively set for the spring of 2020. The ENTRY FORM will be enabled at that time.
Winning landscapes for the 2018 contest can be seen on the WINNERS page.